Saturday, October 24, 2009

Where the Tall Corn Grows

At this time of year, back in Iowa, it is harvest time. It was my favorite time of year to go back to visit Mom and Dad and all the other relatives. The weather was always wonderful -- not too hot nor too cold !! AND, once in awhile, I was allowed to drive a tractor again. The machinery used these days is so much different than when I was growing up. We didn't have air conditioned cabs or power steering and power brakes back then. This photo of me was taken in late summer of the mid 70's on one of my visits. It seemed the corn was exceptionally tall that year. With me being a bit over 5 foot, it looks as if the corn is towering near 10 feet. Farmers felt they would have a good crop if the corn was "knee high by the 4th of July" !!

1 comment:

June said...

what a beautiful photograph xxxx