Tuesday, September 13, 2011

One of Many

A dreaded job was finished today !!! I haven't cleaned all of the collectibles or the glass shelves and mirrored backs in my china cabinet in what seems like forever.  Fortunately, furniture and "knick-knacks in my house don't accumulate a lot of dust !!  While I was in the process, I took photos of items that still needed an explanation !!  Before I started cleaning, I thought I might not put everything back -- maybe even dispose of a few items !! That was a fleeting thought !!!  As I took each thing off the shelves, memories of why they were special took over.  There was no way anything was going into a charity box !!  This plate was one I purchased in 1979 on my first trip to Germany when you and Bob were in Heidelberg.   It is just a pretty collectible that I fell in love with when I saw it.  Back on the shelf it went !!

No comments: