Monday, June 22, 2009

Vintage Rifles

Your Dad brought these two rifles home from your G'ma and G'pa J.'s home when G'ma Ruth moved to the Eastern Star Home. They hung above the fireplace in their basement family room for as long as I can remember. They moved into that newly built home in 1956, the year I started dating your Dad. The only history I have is on a piece of paper I wrote on as your Dad told me about the things he had brought back. The rifle (according to my notes), is a Winchester 22 that G'pa J. purchased for $12.50 shortly after he and G'ma were married in 1934. I made no notes about the double-barreled shotgun. It was likely something G'pa had gotten at a farm sale, as he had quite of collection of vintage things on shelves in that family room. They now hang on a bit of wall space above my computer niche.

No comments: