Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hunting Season


This snapshot of your Aunt Shirley and me is dated September, 1945. We were on a trip to South Dakota to visit the Schultz clan that fall during pheasant hunting season. Dad and his brothers came home with enough birds to feed the family dinner that evening. I remember thinking how good everything was around that huge dining room table with all of the aunts, uncles and grandparents. My grandpa had a mustache and I told him it looked like feathers. From that day on, he called me "Feathers". Sometime during those days, I was sitting on his lap and he showed me this "trick" on how he could take his teeth out of his mouth. I knew nothing about false teeth, so, I really thought he had some special sort of magic !! I kept trying to figure out how to do the trick, but, could never get my teeth to come out !!

No comments: