Sunday, March 22, 2009

Djer Kiss Perfume

Have you ever opened an empty bottle of perfume and could still detect the scent ?? It is amazing how the odor lingers in those bottles for years. This is a fine example of that !! A little 2 1/2" vial that my Dad gave to my Mother when they were young lovers -- Mom and Dad were married in 1933, so this bottle predates that !! I came across this when I was helping Mom with some cleaning back in the early 90's. When I asked her where it came from and she told me Dad had given it to her when they were dating, I was in awe that she had kept it all those years. This was the first time I had ever seen it !! When you take the brass lid off, the top of the bottle has been broken, but, I, like my Mom, cannot bear to throw it away. It contains too many memories, along with the scent !!

1 comment:

June said...

Wow thats amazing and what a wonderful thing to keep
Hugs June xxx