Thursday, March 5, 2009

Elda and Elmer

This wedding portrait of my Dad's only sister, Elda, was taken in 1946 when she married the love of her life, Elmer. I was again a flower girl, along with a niece of Elmer's. We were dressed in yellow and shared a basket of yellow and white carnations with baby blue ribbon trim. This time, the flowers were real !! It's really strange that I don't have as vivid of memories of this wedding as the one a year earlier. The only other person in this photo I can name is the man on the far right -- Delbert -- a brother to my Dad. Elda and Elmer spent their life together as dairy farmers in South Dakota. They raised 3 sons, one of who now manages that same farm. I don't do well with keeping in touch with "far away" relatives. Mom always kept me updated and now my brother does a pretty good job at it !! Your Aunt Shirley is probably our best family historian, though.

1 comment:

June said...

Hi Ginny, I will save this goreous photo if you dont mind me using it please ?
As always its a delight to come and read your messages. Hope you are well my friend
have just added your link to a new contributors section on my freebie blog :)
Hugs June x