Sunday, April 5, 2009

Box of Rocks

Anyone that comes to my house will ask "What's up with the box of rocks ??" and I have more than one answer to that question !! The rocks have been collected from various places around the world. Most of them, of course, have come from fields in Iowa. The collection just sort of happened and there are only a few that I can tell someone exactly where they came from. The box was a planter in which I tried to grow real flowers once upon a time, but, my "green thumb" is not very green. The rocks ended up taking up residence a few years ago !! You know one of your Dad's favorite "isms" when someone did or said something entirely wrong was "they were just dumber than a box of rocks". So, this is always a reminder of him and when I catch myself doing something "stupid", I can go look at the box and hear him talking to me !!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I say that all the time at work. So much, in fact, that I hear others that have picked up the famous Johnson-ism.