Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Made in Japan

In the 30's and 40's, beautiful little figurines and objects made in Japan and "occupied Japan" were collected by many people. These tiny 2" vases were in my Mom's collection of "pretties" for as long as I can remember. "Handpainted in Japan" is stamped on the bottom. She had this cute little wood hanging corner shelf where her "best" things were always displayed. How these little guys made it through all these years without a chip or a scratch is a wonder !! I believe Mom told me that her parents brought them back to her as a souvenir of a trip they had taken. One of those things I should have written down when she let me have them !! Mom and Dad never had a lot of real expensive collectibles, but, what they had all have memories tied up with them, it seems.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

And, I have the cute little corner shelf. Nedd to get it out and find a place for it.
Love
T