Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wild Rose -- Why ?

Maybe you wondered why I chose the name for this blog, maybe you didn't !! The wild rose is the official flower for the state of Iowa. A beautiful, fragile flower with thorny stems that grows wild in the ditches along the midwestern country roads throughout the summer. When CB radios were popular, one of my "handles" was Wild Rose. Being born and raised in the state of Iowa, I thought it was fitting for me at the time. I often thought if I were to write my life story, I would call the book "Memoirs of a Wild Rose". The book will never come to pass, I fear, but memoirs will be recorded here. Fragile, but thorny, maybe a "little wild", growing up along the country roads -- that kind of sums me up !

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Describes you perfectly.
Love
T.