Thursday, October 2, 2008

Music


This piece of furniture sets in my front entry area. It is an antique record cabinet that originally belonged to my G'ma and G'pa Schultz. They had a Victrola record player that sat atop and many records sat on the shelves inside. When we would go to visit them in South Dakota back in the 40's and 50's, we always got to listen to records. This was a big treat as no one else we knew had a "record player". As years passed, inhabitants of the old farm house changed, but they were still family members. On a visit as adults, my brother and I stopped to visit Uncle Lloyd and Aunt Hazel and there sat that record cabinet, bringing back memories of childhood visits. My admiration of this piece was remembered - when Uncle Lloyd passed and Aunt Hazel moved to a smaller home in town, she sent it to me, by way of my brother. Wonder what happened to the Victrola and the records ?

No comments: