Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

The thought and love given in the creation of these gifts for me warms my heart and soul. You, my dear daughter, had to have inherited your seamstress skills from your grandmother !! The use of her vintage fabric scraps in this beautiful tote bag makes it even more special for me. I can't wait to carry it and get reactions from my friends. They will be so envious !! After I bake the cookies using the mixture in the quart jar, I am going to use the jar to store the mini-ornaments from the little live tree you and Bob sent earlier. And, my sweet little grand-daughter decorated the "cedar chest box". Inside, was the charm bracelet wrapped in Asian motif fabric. The charms feature love, faith and trust on one side and the Asian symbols for the same on the opposite side. The clasp says "Create", so I think I will go do that now. Or, should I bake cookies ?? Thank you, my girls, (and your husbands) for making me feel so special with these lovely gifts !!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I don't know about inheriting Grama's skill for sewing, but I know I DID inherit her love for it. My sewing machine(s) has always been favorite possesion. Even if I leave it for a time, I always go back to it. The vintage cedar chest that Hilery made is positively the sweetest!!! Love T.

Tammy said...

P.S. The button on the tote is also from my small collection of Grama's buttons (can't remember if I told you that in my note or not).
Love
T

Ginny said...

I thought I recognized the button !! Love, MOM