Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow in the Desert !

Living in Las Vegas since August of 1985, this is only the second time I have seen snow in my "backyard" ! Every winter, there is snow on the mountain tops to the north and west, but to be able to go outside the door, touch it, feel it, and make a snowball -- a rare experience here !! Back in Iowa as kids, we loved going out in those deep snows, building forts, having snowball fights, making snow angels, striking trails, and there was some game we played at country school when the snow was fresh fallen, called "Fox and Geese". I suppose kids may still play that game because when I googled it, I found the rules ! Or do they play a computer version ?? Whatever the case may be, I don't miss the Iowa winters these days !!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Funny you don't miss the winters. I was thinking the other day when we had our first snow in KS how much I LOVE the snow. Maybe because all we usually had in Tulsa was ice! I've decided I don't have a 'favorite season', I love them all and enjoy living in a place that sees the Four Seasons. We are just two more examples of "Bloom where you are planted"!!!!!!!!