Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Handi-work"

These two little cotton towels are from two wonderful ladies in my life that never had the chance to meet each other face to face -- My Mom and my friend, Willa. They both grew up in the same era, both having been born in the early 1900's. They admired each other without personally knowing one another. They felt they knew each other because of me. I have forever been sorry that my Mom was never able to make the trip to Las Vegas after we moved into our townhouse across the street from Willa. They would have really, really loved each other !! The little girl embroidered towel is one Willa needlecrafted when she was a teenager. Mom made the appliqued flowered towel when she was very young, also. I love having these two pieces hang together on a towel bar in my upstairs bathroom as reminders of these two beautiful (on the inside as well as the outside !) women
in my life !!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I don't know too many of us who are lucky enough to have a mom AND a surrogate mom!

Love
T.M.