Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Old Mill Stream

This is one of the last oil paintings of mine, painted back in the 70's during my "artistic period" !! The scene came from a postcard photo. My friend and fellow hair stylist, Merilan, had started taking painting lessons from a local artist in Tulsa and I thought, "If she can do it, I can do it", so I enrolled in Betty's classes. Her technique was called "the old master's method". I had always thought I had absolutely NO artistic ability, but surprised myself with the paintings I ended up doing. I even had a couple of commissioned works, plus, sold a few otherwise. I had thought about going back to painting in my retirement days, but, my grand-daughter invited me to a class where we made a journal. I was off and running into the altered art world !!

No comments: