Monday, January 19, 2009

The Schultz Family

This photo is dated 1951. Mom was good about having professional photos of us kids when we were very small, then the yearly school photos kind of took over. There was never a professional family photo taken until Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary in 1983 when we had a photographer come to the house the day of the celebration. A snapshot of just the five of us together is rare -- this is the only one I have and my memory fails me as to who might have taken it. We appear to be "dressed up" for an occasion and the setting is not our home. I do know the vest and slacks I am wearing were red gabardine made by my Mom and I absolutely loved that outfit. I wore it every time we went anywhere. My brother can still get that funny little smirk on his face !!


No comments: