Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mirror, Mirror

My hand mirror is all that is left of a vanity set that originally included a brush and comb. It was all in a beautiful box given to me at Christmas in the early 50's. G'ma and G'pa Hanle always came up with neat "grown up" gifts for my sister and me. We had a dresser and a vanity table in a room we shared as girls and we each laid our vanity sets out on them. The vanity was created with a nice finished board with a pretty pink skirt attached to it. This was set on top of Mom's old treadle sewing machine. Mom had seen the project in a magazine. She also made a cover to match for one of the old wood kitchen chairs so we would have a seat in front of our "vanity". The comb belonging to this set lost several teeth and the brush lost a lot of bristles through the years. I discarded them and the box a long time ago. I am happy to still have this remnant of my childhood. It's home is now in a bathroom drawer and is used often.

1 comment:

June said...

How beautiful. You have so many wonderful things and wonderful memories too.
Thanks so much for supporting my freebies blog too my friend

Have a lovely day
Hugs June x
http://artfreebies.blogspot.com/