Tuesday, November 25, 2008

BIG Fish

G'ma Lottie called this "Jonah and the Whale" --A glass fish measuring 18" long and 10" high with an old man figurine inside. He pretty well holds the center of attention in my china cabinet !! G'ma had this piece on a coffee table in her living room and I always thought it was very unique. I believe she purchased it at a local jeweler's store. Eckstein's in Boone was one of the family's favorite stores when they were searching for something unique and different. When G'ma died, I was asked if there was anything of hers that I would like to have. This was what I asked for. I kept it displayed on coffee tables in my living rooms of a couple of different homes we lived in. When we bought and moved into the present abode, "Jonah" has been at home in two different china cabinets, one I originally had when we moved here, and the one I replaced it with about 9 years ago. At Christmas time, Jonah loses his place to two little porcelain poinsettia figurines.

No comments: