Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just Ducky

Two of these little fellows live in my home. This one, filled with vintage marbles, likes sitting atop my kitchen cabinets. The other one alit in the upstairs bathroom ! The "bathroom duck" became home for your Dad's loose change when he would empty his pockets at the end of the day. When the duck would get a belly full, Dad would cash the change out and start filling him up again. What did he do with that cash ? I would say one of two things -- bought rolls of quarters to play poker machines or bought rolls of quarters to play poker machines !! ( His favorite retirement pastime ! ) G'pa P.M. crafted these wooden ducks with plexiglass "wings" about 20 years ago. Where his idea came from, I haven't a clue. There is a pattern for the duck hanging on the wall over your Dad's workbench in the garage. I am guessing Dad thought he might craft a couple of ducks, too.

No comments: