Sunday, November 16, 2008

Flowers for You

This little 7" tall flower vase has been around as long as I can remember. It had been stored away and forgotten on a shelf in Mom and Dad's basement. On one of my visits and again helping Mom do some cleaning, I came across it, remembering how Mom always had flowers in her garden and how she would bring a bouquet into the house on occasion. This was the vase that held that bouquet. Of course, "Can I have this, Mom?" came out of my mouth. Mom never said "No" to my requests. I think it made her happy to know that her special things meant something to me. The vase sits in my china cabinet. I do bring it out every so often when a neighbor allows me to cut an iris, or another neighbor says "Come cut some roses". I am thankful for neighbors with "green thumbs" !!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love that little vase too. I was there the day we ran across it in the basement. Maybe sometime you'll 'tire' of it?????..... It's a great little art deco looking piece.

Love
TM