Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Last Call for Alcohol

Sometime in the late 70's or early 80's, (again my memory is failing me) your Dad decided to become a bar owner !! I don't even remember the name of it now, but, it was where we went every Saturday night after the stock car races. The place came up for sale and he was in business. It only lasted about a year - I think he found he wasn't cut out to hire and fire barmaids, plus, it was more fun to be the customer than the owner !! This bi-centennial Coors framed advertising mirror is a remnant of that venture. It hung on a wall in that bar and now is home on a wall in my craft/office/guest room. Wish there would have been something like this with Budweiser advertising since that was your Dad's choice of brand to drink !

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I don't remember the name of the bar either. But I do remember that he owned it in 1976, the year I got married.